2006 Odyssey XM Radio

Does anyone know what I need, besides the $600-$800 "XM Kit" from the dealer, to add an XM tuner to my "XM-Ready" 2006 Odyssey EX-L? I have the
DVD RES, but no nav system. I think I can add the Pioneer XM tuner, as "XM-Ready" is supposed to mean that everything's there but the tuner, but I do not know for sure. Anyone know what I need to do? I don't want to use a Roady or anything like that -- I want the integrated solution. Thanks in advance-- Barry
Barry
I'd recommend you go over to xm411.com; I would think it highly likely someone there will have the answer you're looking for. Also, xmfan.com has some people with this kind of knowledge.
Any other than the Honda stuff will not connect to your van. The plug connections are "proprietary" and no others will plug in to your system. Unless you want to cut and splice your wires to fit something else, and that's not recommended, Honda has you by the short and curlys. $600-$800 is way too high. List price on all you need is about $425 plus labor. But if you're a handy guy you can do it yourself. Just ask your dealer for the installation instructions. But what's a few hundred bucks to a guy who can afford such a high buck van. Howard

Here's what you need, part number and the msrp on each part:
XM Satellite Radio 08A15-EX5-000 $299.00
XM Satellite Radio Attachment 08B15-SHJ-100 $46.00
XM Satellite Radio Antenna 08A15-EX5-100B $99.00
Barry wrote:

-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...