2012 Civic "Panned"

Page 3 of 3
"tww1491" wrote in message
Looks like Honda has a "bust" with the new Civic per Consumer Reports. The review did not recommend the car which tested near the bottom of similar
sedans with weak handling and brakes and degraded quality over the previous Civic . Top rated was the Hyundai Elantra. The "porked-up" Accord is also rated down somewhat with just average reliability. While I am going to hang on to my 06 Accord I4 coupe with 82k miles for quite some time, if I were looking for a new car I would probably find myself looking at Nissan (Altima) -- their 6 speed coupe I4 appeals to me, or Kia or Hyundai. Looks like Honda's heyday is over I am sad to say.
After looking at all of the posts, I am tempted to start something new. Anyone here remember the old Honda CL 77 -- 305 cc. My first Honda when I was in Japan in 1967. Type 1 engine. Loved it. Rode all around the Tokyo area up to Mt Fuji -- down to the black beaches at Enoshima -- a great experience and the only way to see Japan from beer joint to noodle shop. The bike shop was right outside the gate at Yokota AB and owned by a guy by the name Curly who could not pronounce his "r" s -- They could do a tune up and oil change in a matter of minutes. His mechanic would test the bike full blast up the street outside the shop to ensure it was running right -- no helmet and a darn good rider. Things are sure different today and seemingly more complicated.