91 Accord EX Anti-Lock Brakes

Did the 91 Honda Accord EX come equipped with anti-lock brakes? If so how can you tell?
Adam

There is a light on the dash that says either "ALB" or ABS". I think yours will say "ALB". It's one of those lights that comes on when you first turn the ignition on, but before you start the car.
If you can't see inside, you can also peek under the car at the front brakes (not easy to see). Look for an electrical wire going to the hub near the CV joint. It will be near the top of the CV joint.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
ALRY wrote:

According to autos.msn.com, only the SE model had ABS for '91. The EX got it for '92.
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm getting ready to replace the front left and right CV drive axles and they have different ones depending on if you have ABS or don't.
Adam

difference: ABS axles have a castellated collar (like a sprocket) just inboard of the hub. At least make sure the replacement matches yours in that respect. It's nice to have a confidence check on the length, but that's nearly impossible until you get the thing out.
Mike
ALRY wrote:

if there's little or no cost difference, you can try being "safe" and get the ones with - i'm 99.9% sure they'll fit both types.

Must be an option or only in the US model. My '92 EX Canadian model does not have ABS.
Steve Mackie wrote:

The Canadian EX and U.S. EX were not the same. In fact, on that version of Accord, most of the trim level designations were different.
U.S. levels: DX, LX, EX, SE Canadian levels: LX, EX, EX-R, SE
On a '92 Canadian Accord, you would have needed to get an EX-R to get ABS.
ALRY wrote:

and out, and it has a bunch of wires attached. if your ex has one of those under the hood, you have abs.