94 Passport Questions!

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a V6 94 Honda Passport with 190,000 miles on it (Got it for pretty cheap). The person I bought it from didn?t know a great deal about the car and it didn?t come with the owners manual and am having a hard time finding info online so I have a few questions hopefully some of you can help me with.

1.) There is a Power button in the center console which, when pressed, has an indicator light on the dash. The person I bought it from said he got better gas mileage when he had it always on. Should this power button be "always on"?

2.) Along side the Power button is a Winter button. What is this button used for?

3.) I?m a total 4x4 newbie and have heard all kinds of certain ways that various cars must be put into 4 wheel drive. (i.e. Back up a few feet..etc.). What is the correct operation of putting my Passport into 4 wheel drive?

4.) I?m assuming the 4 wheel drive has not been used much so is there any special things I should check before attempting to put into 4 wheel drive?

5.) Does anyone know of any known issues with the 94 Honda Passports?

Thanks for your answers,ideas and suggestions!

Mark

Reply to
Maquar

Honda Passports are badge engineered Isuzu's. Go to Kragens, Auto Zone etc. and buy a Isuzu Rodeo - Honda Passport repair manual.......about $20

If you are in the US,go to Honda owner link.

them your VIN number and sign up. Look for an on-line owner'smanual.

I never used it

Another button I never used.

Look on the driver's sun visor for 4 wheel drive info.

Reply to
Charlie S