95 Accord Heater control , con't

Got a chance to look further at the heater control on my brother's Accord today. The heat control knob was only moving in the center 100 degrees of arc instead of the complete 180 degrees. I disconnected the control cable at the water valve, and all things returned to normal. I removed the glove box door and could see the door linkage working as designed. I am going to replace the valve next week, unless someone out there thinks my diagnosis is faulty. Thanks! bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

I think you've got it right. Most water valves get tough to operate anyway.

I have a warning about the actual replacement. I recall being under the car to get one of the hoses off, and sliced my wrist badly on the front of the catalytic heat shield. A rag over that would have saved me a lot of pain and trouble.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I broke the plastic housing on the nose of the cruse control unit by jamming my arm along side of it trying to reach the valve. Had to Gorilla Glue it. I'll remove lots more stuff when I do the actual replacement. May even have my tech buddy Gregg do it and save my sanity. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob