98 Civic Ignition Timing

Page 2 of 2
I'm positive that both camshaft and crankshaft wheels align with the markers. It has not jumped a tooth because the TDC marker on the crankshaft pulley aligns when the camshaft pulley markers align. This
is why it's so frustrating to figure out what's wrong. I will take it to a shop over the weekend. I've received a quote for $45 for adjusting the timing. Is it reasonable? Thanks for all your help. Unfortunately I live in Michigan which is quite a way from San Francisco.
I almost forgot. I have foud a site with FREE Service manuals (1000 page ones)for hondas. Tegger please add a link to it on the website for everyone's access: www.deliii.com
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote in

You should have the engine *fully-warm* before you attempt to adjust the timing. Go take it for a fifteen-minute drive first, THEN adjust the timing.
If the engine is fully-warm, and the timing light is hooked up, and you adjust the distributor so the timing marks are correctly lined up, and you wait 10-15 seconds, does the timing then suddenly jump to retarded?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are aftermarket!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the dealer for OEM. Although in this case it will make no difference to what you're seeing with your timing.

Another thing to add to my list. Thanks for the link.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ