caliper bushing for 1996 Honda Accord

So, I need new caliper bushings for my 1996 Honda Accord. The mechanic I just took it to told me that when replacing the caliper bushings I also need to replace the brake pads (which I bought new ones two months ago and the are currently in great shape) and replace the rotors. Also need to bleed the brakes.

The damage would be $1,054.96. My jaw dropped to the floor at this figure.

Is that right? Can I just replace the calipers (or the caliper bushings) and nothing else?

I took it in with a very minor squeak/creak sound when braking

Your thoughts/advice is much appreciated....

Reply to
craigsclarke

Sounds like someone needs to make a Boat payment... ;)

Take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Holy crap these guys are killing you. Is this a dealer?

If I needed new calipers, I'd get new calipers only unless other things were close to the limits.

The only thing I would replace both of is if it needed rotors, I'd use new pads. And not the other way around. If the rotors were fine and it needed pads, pads would be all it gets.

The rotors are a bitch to remove on the '96 as I believe the axle has to come off. Are the rotors pulsing, or past their limits?

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man