Car stalling problems

This morning while driving to school, I noticed that my tachometer was going haywire. (As in fluntuating from 1 and quickly up to 4 and back down to 1). I was going only 35mph at the time in D3.
30 seconds later the car completely turns itself off and all of the battery/engine/maintenance check buttons lit up. However after I pulled over and took the key out, I was able to get it started again as if nothing happened.
I recently got the car in November from my sister, and Ive only had this happen to me twice. I asked my sister, but she never had a problem like that happen. I just had the car in for a check up and there werent any reported problems. Ive been reading similar problems that other people have had and most believe it could be a possible problem with the fuel pump or ignition, or even the battery.
Any help is really appreciated.
1991 Honda Accord

Usually the igniter, with those symptoms.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Honda's famed Main Relay causes those problems because of bad solder connections. Search on Honda Main relay and you should get lots of information.

Or see www.tegger.com
Haywire tach symptom is more igniter(inside distributor) than main relay. MR is more a problem upon starting,once the engine is running,it's not a problem. This guy had his motor die while driving. It certainly would be smart to resolder the relay anyways and eliminate it as a problem in the future.(and it doesn't cost much,a new relay is at least $50)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik