changing transmission oil

i have honda 2001 (i am only the owner). I only chnaged transmission oil like 3-4 years ago. My question, should i change the transmission oil now? It is standard (5 gears). Recently i have problem to change
the gear from nutral to #1 when i stop, it is easier to change it to #2 right away. Any idea or suggetion would be very much appreciate it. Changing transmission oil is costly ($90 + tax) Thanks

The oil should be changed every 30K miles, or something like that. Your Owner's Manual will tell you for sure.

That's more likely a clutch problem. Check the master and slave cylinders for leakage past the seals (it won't be leakage you can see!).

If you think $90 is "costly", then you shouldn't be owning a car. Fixing a tranny wrecked for lack of fresh oil is even more costly.
And repairing a master/slave leak will also be more costly than $90.
--
Tegger