confirm mpg of 2006 Accord EX-L w/V6?

I am shopping around for cars and tried a coworkers '06 V6 manual transmission Accord which I did like. As I am also considering the 2.4L EX for economy I asked him about his numbers. I am skeptical of
his claim that he is getting 25mpg in the city (Austin TX) and 30mpg on the highway. The advertised city number is 21mpg. His claim is a hair better than the 2.4L advertised number. Consumer Reports says 23 from a mix of city and highway for the V6. This guy is an electrical engineer and the calculation is pretty basic but it is just too good a number. He says he doesn't baby his accelerator pedal to get these numbers either. Any other 3.0L Accord owners out there with similar results?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have an '04 6 cyl. I get about 28 on the highway (usually going 75-80mph) and 21-22 around town.
L Alpert wrote:

Thanks. The more I think about it I bet his "city" driving is actually a mix of city and highway as city driving is not a well defined term. This guy lives close to a major highway and probably hops on to get get around to many parts of the city.

There are many times in the SF Bay area that there is no difference between city and highway driving!.

I have an 06 I4 coupe, automatic, and have run from 33-35 on the highway running 75-80. My "city" driving to work during the week is about 50% I75 and rest urban for around 29-30.
I have an 06 EX-V6 Auto. I never get less than 28 Mpg in mixed driving. Manual Trans should be better.
G-Man

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have an '04 EX V6 and I easily get over 30 for highway driving. My local short distance driving gives me 22-24mpg, but I've had it go below 20 mpg on occasion during the winter (central NY).
I have a navi system with the trip computer and by watching that and doing the speed limit, I can get 35 mpg highway without being too annoying to other drivers on the road. Even if I'm not careful at all, I still get over 30.
Hope this helps.
-hiyh
i HAVE A 06 Six Speed V6. I get at least 32 combined. Most of my driving is highway but some is commuting stop and go. Now I coast up to a stop and take off easy. On a trip, I have gotten as high as 36 while taking it easy 70-75. I was shocked at the mileage and have checked it by both the Navi and with a calculater.
Tom Wallace wrote:

Thanks everyone. This is all good info. I am glad the larger engine for the Accord EX is a 3.0L and not an overkill 3.5L that all of those luxury sport sedans have (they have to compete with each other for performance). The V6 Accord seams to have a very impressive power/mpg product (not at all knocking the I4 Accord).
Tom, your'e numbers are exceptional--even for taking it easy on the top speed, coasting to stops, and easy starts. What part of the country are you driving in? Are you picky about buying gasoline with a special detergent package? What is your most used gas station?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Our automatic equipped V6 Accord gives low 20s in local driving and very high 20s (28-29) on long freeway trips. Plus, our California gas is reputed to have lower energy content than most thanks to local smog regulations. 25 and 30 on a manual transmission V-6 Accord in Texas isn't unthinkable, but would require moderate driving. Putting the spurs to the V-6 will surely burn fuel!