Damaged dash board on 2004 honda civic

I was attempting to trasport a television in my 2004 honda civic 2 dr. (note: 2dr cars are not recomended for transporting large items.) Anyway, while in
the process of doing such, i damaged the dash board. There are several small cuts just above the glove box. I know they make some vinal repair kits but its my understanding those are for older model vehicles with cracked dash boards. Is this a repairable item, or is this something that i may have to replace? Is this something a body shop or upolstery shop can repair, or is this new type of material they use even repairable?
Thanks in advance, Mike Ledbetter