BMW dash Board

My guages on my dash board quit. There is no fuse out to change. No Gas Guage, no speedometer, no tach, no temp. Any Suggestions?

Reply to
jlacpa

if they all quit at the same time, check for a lose connection or broken lead.. but more info will get you a better response: model, year, mileage etc.....

Reply to
keith

I recommend a good mechanic, and a mechanic that has some auto-electrics knowledge.

-- Jason Tepoorten @HOME snipped-for-privacy@tepoorten.com

8MP Australia
Reply to
djtep

Hmmm...

Dont know what model or year auto, but earlier BMW's used service lights in the cluster. This service light used two batteries to hold the memory, and as they got old they would leak acid down onto the circuit board.

If you are lucky its only a battery replacement, but from my experience acid eats the traces on the board thus ending operation of many gauges. I was able to solder wires in place of the circuit traces and install new batteries. Everything is back to snuff again.

Requires removal of the guage cluster.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson