Digital Spedometer On 2010 Civic ?

Page 3 of 4
On 1/30/2010 4:17 AM, Dave D wrote: >

    It's unfortunate that you incorrectly translated what I said into what you wrote above. I believe that by your tone you are one of the many that find the attention level required to control a vehicle too far beyond your capabilities. Better take the bus, Dave. :^)

What you believe is totally WRONG. As far as the bus is concerned, I drive, rather drove that vehicle for many thousands of miles, ergo I believe that my attention level is quite sufficient to operate nearly any vehicle on the road today, avoiding idiots that have their heads stuck in a cell phone or texting to their friends instead of devoting the requisite attention to vehicle operation. If you don't agree, then you had best be the one riding a bus!!!! DaveD
On 1/31/2010 6:02 AM, Dave D wrote:

    That is only your opinion and as such (while you are able to have your opinion), it isn't based on any factual knowledge. A person with their head held upright and their eyes moving horizontally is able to take in more than a person who is constantly glancing away from the outside of the vehicle to check on speed, rpm and other information that can be displayed on the windshield. It's been proven over the years.

No, that has not been proven!!!! What has been proven is - that after a period of TRAINING a person will do as you say. Unfortunately, a goodly fraction of the vehicles on the road today are being operated by persons who have NEVER been trained in such a manner...That was my original point.
DaveD

On 2/1/2010 3:19 AM, Dave D wrote:

    You aren't very good at making a believable point. What training do you think it takes for a person to look straight ahead and see what is going on around their vehicle and the gauges in a HUD?
On 02/01/2010 03:00 AM, Brian Smith wrote:

it's dangerous to not be looking straight ahead??? so evidently you're the idiot that causes other people to have crashes because you never check your mirrors. what a nimrod.

You aren't very good at comprehending an obvious point. How long and how much training do you think it takes to qualify a fighter pilot? If you think you are so qualified, I'm glad you aren't driving up here in Alaska with me.
DaveD
On 2/2/2010 3:47 AM, Dave D wrote:

    How much training do you think it takes to look through a windshield? I'm so glad that you're way up there in the boonies out of the way of traffic.

It would take much more than you are obviously capable of! I am glad I am way up here safely away from crash headed idiots like you....
DaveD

On 2/3/2010 4:08 AM, Dave D wrote:

    Have a nice day there, Dave.
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:25:19 -0400, Brian Smith

Brian don't be too harsh on Dave. Remember how bright Palin was in her Couric interview? I can only assume Alaska has special needs starting from the Govenor's office all the way down to the people.
The really sad thing is if people have to resort to name calling showing how mature or bright they are, imagine who you could be driving next to? That's a scary thought.
On 02/03/2010 05:58 AM, Guy wrote:

no, "scary" is someone who just can't resist the "retard" trigger. like you, retard.

Thanks for proving my point.

You're wrong again...You never made a point to have proven....
DaveD
On 2/3/2010 9:58 AM, Guy wrote:

    You're right Guy. Dave *might* just be a passenger on the short white bus.

    It takes all kinds to make up this world, unfortunately a lot of them have computers and phones and have a basic knowledge of how to use that technology. :^)

Sorry to disappoint a Newfie but I have been using this technology as long, probably longer than you....
DaveD

You mean like the obvious attempts by T&A Couric during that exchange. I refuse to call it an interview. Couric tried to talk down to Sarah but found that she was totally outclassed.
DaveD

Same to you. Keep your head down and your powder dry.
DaveD

some folks -think- they can "multitask" behind the wheel and do it safely,but it's only their imagination.They don't see how they affect the traffic flow and others around them. It's narcisstic,or MFFY.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It's still better than them having their heads(and attention) down in the instrument cluster.Fighter pilots learned that long ago. you could put the HUD display off to one side,not directly in front of the driver's forward view.
The biggest problem with drivers is that their minds are not on the subject of DRIVING,but on other things. To them,driving is the -secondary- task.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik