Spedometer

Hi All,

I have a 93 SOHC and the spedometer started only working intermittantly, and then late last week stopped working altogether. Does anyone have any idea where the fault may lie.

One other thing I noticed is that on my transmision type selector the "P" flashes 16 times when I start the car. Not sure if this is related, but I did not notice this happening before.

Thanks!! You have always been helpful in the past. SN

Reply to
SeanNov

I wish I knew the answer. I also have a 93 SOHC and am interested if anyone knows about this. I'll keep watching.

I've never seen my trans selecter switch light flash.

Matt

Reply to
mdg

A quick search of this group will reveal that the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) sometimes pops out of the transmission bell housing... use a piece of wood to tap/reseat the sensor and you may be back in business.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 128k
Reply to
njmodi

...my transmision type selector the "P" flashes 16 times ... Interesting... The only self diag codes that FSM speaks are displayed in the mode sw P light. That tst should tell if the sensor or wiring is broke; check (as already told) how its seated. See FSM page AT-30 ...Check for it at Favorite Links at

Wiikinki

This is the correct answer.

After confirming this little trick fixed the problem , the Vss should be replaced

Reply to
NissTech

Hey NissTech - it's good to see you back :) We need someone to keep us honest around here...

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi