edit maps on Nav system?

How easy is it (if even possible) to edit maps on the Honda Navigation system?
Could I pop out the DVD, download the files, make a few changes, and
burn an edited DVD to put back in the car?
If anyone has done this, how are the mapping files arranged?
I have a few shortcuts through parking lots that I use frequently, and I'd like to put them into the nav.
2005 Accord with 2004 Nav DVD.
-MVL