Old Road Maps

Got lucky today at an estate sale and picked up some vintage road maps that the gas stations used to give away for FREE.

1940 Phillips 66, Iowa, USA on backside. 1949 Esso, NY state. 1957 Esso, NJ state. 1957 Esso, New England states. 1948 Esso, Long Island, NY. 1950 Cities Service, PA state. 1951 SOHIO. OH state.

1943 Texaco, TN state. This was a rare map issued during the war. Cover reads: Paper is Precious ! Please do not throw this map away.

Back cover has a picture of a billboard that reads: WAR Speed Under 35.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,726 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I'll bet you're planning your next road trip with them now.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Harry,

very cool.

I live in NY, and many of those maps would be the ones my father was reading when he took us on vacation. (in a 37 Pontiac, then a 51 Dodge with "fluid drive" IIRC, then a '55 Pontiac Chieftain).... It was a very different world.

albert

Reply to
albert