Element Owners with windshield washers that stop working.......read ==>

Appears the factory has used TOO much di-electric grease on the windshield washer pump connector. It causes the contacts to not make good electical contact. I did one yesterday (12K miles) which was still
on warranty but....the front bumper pulls off easily (15 or so) with the removal of the PLASTIC clips and three bolts (1 wheel well and two under rear passenger side bumper) and slides out exposing the pump and bottle at the bottom. The Element I did was FULL of grease on the connector. Cleaned and all is good now !!
Phil

I'll check that out - I have an 03 element that the front washer pump doesn't work on.
I posed a related question here recently, but got no response - do you know which fuse is associated with this pump? None is labeled as such, but I'd guess one of them handles this.
The fuse works the wiper arms too. Are you wiper blades moving at all ? If they are and you pump does not spray, it the grease issue. I looked at the fuses first before removing the bumper to make sure and I think it's labeled "washer" or "wiper"... but I'm sure the fuse is fine. Let me know...
Phil 908-313-2249

Thanks! Yes, the wipers are working, so it's not the fuse. It's my wife's car, and we were discussing this this evening, and removing the front bumper sounds like a pretty big job for someone who doesn't have a manual, and the thing is due for it's 25k service, so I'll just let the pro's do it. Thanks for your input though! Glad to know this is a common problem.
Let me know what the dealer does....but point them in that direction of too much di-electric grease on the connector..
Phil