Glove compartment light in 2003 Accord

My daughter just mentioned to me while driving with my headlights on, that the glove compartment light is on even with its door shut. I asked her to reshut it but same result. When I turned off my
headlights, it went off. I would think the compartment's bulb would burn out sooner than normal but to be honest I never noticed it before and for all I know it could have been that way since day one.
Is this normal?
On Jun 21, 7:14 am, doug wrote:

i ahve the same vehicle and the year. Same problem.

thanks.
Maybe Honda feels that it worth the dollar or two they will save per vehicle by eliminating the glove compartment switch, and that since you probably need the light when it's dark anyway, it will work through the headlight switch when the headlights on and of course go off when the lights are off and the car parked. Sure the bulb will have a shorter life but not Honda's concern.
Ken
doug wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 17:49:49 -0400, "Kenneth J. Harris"

Maybe you're right!

A two pack of bulbs is like three bucks down at NAPA. Does it really matter that the bulb life will be cut short? Have you ever had to replace the glove box bulb? Have you had to replace any bulbs on that car? I think my concern would be the lens that is in the glove box getting melted on a long trip(but I drive a lot at night).
doug wrote in

Hmmm... Let me see...
<riffle riffle riffle>
(That's the sound of me flipping through the Owner's Manual. Yes, it's a dull document, but it's chock-a-block with wunnerful info.)
Ah, found it. Here's a quote from Page 86: "The glove box light comes on when the parking lights are on." Terse, yet pithy and decisive.
If you have lost or misplaced your Owner's Manual, or did not receive one when buying that nightmare of a Used Car, click here to get one FREE, directly from Honda: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

You're right. I do have the manual and didn't bother to read it. My bad. But its not my fault after drinking 12 cans of beer, I couldn't find the car much less the manual <grin>.