GM tops reliability and regains market share

Rear drums are only on the DX or LX, EX gets discs. You most not know Honda's too well. I'm most everybody on here has owned GM cars in the past. Thats why we have Honda's now. I have worked in a Chevy garage for

33 years. I see GM at its best and worst. Honda is having a bit af trouble with tranmissions at present. Right now in our shop in Phoenix we have 6 Malibu's and Impala's all waiting for new engines. 3.5 V-6 and we have already done 4 others, and we are just one dealer. Imagine how mant other engines are failing nationwide. Crankshaft key breaks and pistons hit valves. All have less than 3000 miles , owners not happy. Any body can make errors when building cars. But GM is the master at it. Dont forget what G.M.C. stands for, Garage Mechanics Companion. hehehe
Reply to
zonie

Most JD Power Surveys cover the first 6 months of ownership only. Can you tell us more details of this one or supply a link.

Bob

Reply to
rjdriver

Hmmm, relibility. So GMs are now relible. Sounds like a subject for a Monty Python script ... "something about my car you find relible..."

I've always though that the JD Powers Initial Quality award is a bit specious. All new cars are pretty nice (or is that nice and pretty?) for the first 6 months. A far better measure is how the car has lasted after 2 years or so.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Hello, Great post. I had lots of trouble out of Chevy Monza. That was my last one. I only have two questions for those people that love or own a GM vehicle. If GM truly believes their vehicles are great, why do they place Honda engines in at least one of the Saturn models? Don't they have any confidence in the engines made by GM? Jason

Reply to
Jason

Funny, my 2004 has disc in the back....

Reply to
L Alpert

version to Rodeo. I can not remember the Honda name.

Reply to
Sid Schweiger

LX V6 also has disks in back

Reply to
Brian Stell

I don't know, I think it's the unions that are killing the big three. It costs GM and Ford too much to make a piece of shit here in the States.

Reply to
routebeer

It's unions, management, better product from Japan and the reliance on huge temporary profits from gas hogs.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

A....._Monza_? What model year was that, "Jason"?

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

I have to disagree with "better product from Japan"....many Honda's and Toyotas are made in the USA or Canada and hold up just as well as their Japanese made counterparts. Japanese engineering and preparation seem to be superior to the American counterparts. I also take the stance in support of buying "American made" that I would rather support the American workers who build Pilots, Accords, Civics, etc, than the corporate pockets of GM/Ford, etc, as the American factory workers need the money more than the suits in Detroit. That said, if I buy a Honda or Toyota built here, I am still supporting the American economy and feeding the mouths of families who rely on that paycheck.

Reply to
Larry

Good point. I guess I should have just said that "Honda and Toyota make better products" and left it at that.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Even with the alleged decline in quality of Toyota and Honda vehicles, I would still trust them over product offerings from GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler. Also, I find most vehicles from Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti to be far more desirable than similar offerings from Detroit's Big 3. I realize that this is just a matter of personal preference, but that's the way I feel about it. And I make no apologies to the fans of domestic vehicles. They can drive what they want and I will do the same. I know full well what types of vehicles I trust and enjoy driving, and it just so happens that they are all engineered and manufactured by the Asian Big 3--either overseas or here in the U.S.A. I'm the one that has to pay for the vehicle and its maintenance, so I could care lesser than less what anyone thinks about what I choose to drive.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

Reply to