Highest MPG for Non-Hybrids?

Page 3 of 4

I do not see how your answer reduces oil use.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid υd922d97e345aa1
Add pictures here
βœ–
wrote

Really? Now you use one gallon for every mile you drive. If you move out of the city and start living in the mountains you will not use any oil, so it will reduce oil use :-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tegger wrote:

Not that I necessarily agree with the 'leech' comment, but you aren't paying the full cost of gasoline. If all environmental costs were added in, *you'd* be driving that 65mpg scooter, because you wouldn't be able to afford gas for anything else...
Add pictures here
βœ–

"Environmental costs" are invented and quantified by the capricious whim of activists and politicians. They are not true costs.
Now if you want to remove the SUBSIDIES from petroleum so the TRUE costs are reflected in the pump price, I would wholeheartedly agree with that.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
βœ–

You need to google on this. Chevron, Exxon and the like pay a lot of money in several ways to cover environmental costs.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think that is what he's saying... The associated "environmental" costs are unneeded add ons encouraged by government etc.
JT
Add pictures here
βœ–

This is not what I am saying. Oil spills and damage done by drilling are very expensive. U.S. companies pay a lot by way of better equipment and better planning to minimize both. Reason: Paying up front is less than what it would cost otherwise.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sure. And every penny of those costs is passed down to the consumer. With markup. Oil companies do not provide charity.
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well, I cain't argue with that either.
But in the end, it's the customer who ultimately pays. And that customer will soon be saddled with all kinds of add ons like carbon credits, fees and the like.
JT
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Apr 26, 5:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

multitalented
mk5000
Larry: Don't you know the combination, Sheila? Sheila: I knew it when I was in front! --chorus line
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

most of that is political fiction. they get massive development and resource depreciation write-offs that completely out-weigh any weeny gesture to environmental impact.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tegger wrote:

Thank You for an ounce of sanity here.
"The sky is falling" zealots have move far beyond environmentalism on to promoting the same as a religion.
Just to balance things out, I think I'll go for a forty mile drive in my '55 President sedan that only gets about 25mpg...
<G>
JT
Add pictures here
βœ–

Follow the money....always follow the money.
Sure, there are plenty of kookbiscuits to beat the shrubs, but the guy handing out the bats has a financial interest and nothing BUT a financial interest.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

'nuff said! Zee nail az bin hit onna haid!!
<G>
JT
Add pictures here
βœ–

What's currently accepted as "environmentalism" IS a religion. Like any other religion, it's based on emotion and fear, and not much else.

Spew some blue smoke for me, huh?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
βœ–
Tegger wrote:

Five years ago it was "global arming is a hoax." Now it's "environmentalism is a religion." I'm not exactly young, but at least I'm not perpetually bringing up the rear, and looking backwards to boot...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tegger wrote:

No smoke from that baby... Only 71K on it!
JT
Add pictures here
βœ–
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

As long as you don't mind your own grandchildren spitting on your grave...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Leftie a ιcrit:

the lower with an european toyota corolla diesel (1l4 engine 1NDTV) was 65mpg on a hot day, a 80km trip maximum speed 90km/h on high way.
the usual is 55mpg
--
« Si tous les poθtes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »