Honda Civic 97 EJ7 Vtec starter problem

Hi there, I have a Civic 97 EJ7Vtec. The car having a startup problem. I can hear the starter sounds ok. Even I have check the battery, and even I've changed the battery the starter still having the same
problems. I wont start. It only can start if I jumpStarted the car battery from other car.. What would caused the problem? Now my car stranded at supermarket.