Honda's latest vehicle

Take a look at Honda's latest vehicle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cuIJRsAuCHQ

They've reinvented the "Segway";-). Also reminds me of a robot I once
saw that hopped around on ONE leg. Not exactly high precision movement but but it was easy to analyze. It was used as a learning tool to decide how best to approach the problem of keeping an autonomous robot from falling over. If the Honda model will stand still on its own it may have a large gyroscope in it which would limit battery life if it can be carried in one hand. OTOH if the control system is good enough it may not need a gyroscope.
John
--
\||///
------------------o000----(o)(o)----000o----------------
John Dulak wrote:

That looks too small for the American market, I wonder what the weight limit is. The people who are small enough to use it won't tend to stay small after using it for a while. :-)
Very cool stuff. I wonder if that tire technology could ever be applied to a car. Talk about easy parking!
pws wrote:

pws:
Honda's web site lists it as "Experimental" though it looks a bit more "polished" than prototypes I've worked on. Good point about the payload though. 102 pound models may not be the best test.
John
--
\||///

I think they are now working on a model for the US market. Rumor has it that the ass pads are the size of trash can lids.