Austin's latest donor vehicle for minibus conversion

Well it would certainly make getting out of parking spaces easier!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:08:22 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

yeah, clever, innit.

good series of 6 about getting a VERY bogged wheeled harvester out of a big hole.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Was that for real? it looks like computer anaimation, but I could not be sure...

Reply to
madhatchetman

I did wonder, but there's quite a few of them and it doesn't look beyond modern technology, I know that such machines have been worked on for a long time, way back in the 60s at the latest. All that really surprised me is that it appears to be a commercial product now.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

That thing is pretty cool!

I saw a video on youtube a while back of some sort of digger thing that drove over a concrete block which was as high as the vehicle was long. That was impressive too! - I'd like to see this thing walk over some big obstacles!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I think that was the Menzi Muck, another one of my landrover-related posts!

I'm not sure it's quite as capable, but still very impressive, just because it's so odd.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

That sounds like the one! :-)

indeed.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I can see it now, just having been ticked off for "walking" down the a500 with flat pads the driver being told to "hop it" ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D