If I have a remote starter, do I still need a transponder key????

I just bought a 98 Accord EX V6. It came with one key and a " your Valet" remote starter. I need another ignition key but I'm thinking someone must have put a
transponder under the dash somewhere so the remote starter will work.???/ I'm guessing the only way to check is to have a regular key made and see if it works??? It could be that my current key does not have a transponder???? Is there any way to know??
Thanks for any advice in this area...
steve
(1st honda after being a long time Toyota buyer)

stand on the counter that will tell you if the key is a transponder key or not. Maybe one near you?
Mike