Ingnition lock No Start 05 Honda Element

My wifes 2005 Honda Element w/6k mi will not start. When you turn the key to the start position the steering wheel moves but it won't turn the engine
over. Sometimes you can shift the shifter out of park but there is no starter action. The battery has a full charge. There is sometimes some clicking noises behind the glove box area when you try to start it? Any ideas just to get it going. If all else fails we will have to get it towed to a dealer. Not the kind of experience we expected from a New Honda??
Reb
Reb wrote:

Grab the negative battery terminal with your hand and see if you can pull it off. You shouldn't be able to. It's probably loose. Did you try starting it in NEUTRAL also?
'Curly'
Thanks for the ideas,
Checked the battery connections and they were both tight. No luck starting in nuetral either. It does seem like the battery fried though because I disconnected the battery terminals to see if that would cause a reset of the problem and while doing so tried charging the battery but it doesn't seem to charge up. Emergency flashers don't even work. Honda tow truck is on it's way to figure out what is defective.
Reb

Update: Tow truck came, hooked up start assist battery, car started. The battery would not take a charge when I hooked it up to a 14amp charger (leads to Honda disconnected). I let the flatbed haul it even though it started, I didn't want to end up on the road with some electrical problem. Hopefully it is only a defective battery.
Reb