Is Honda Fit any good ?

It is coming to Canada and I am thinking of buying it. I have 1993 Civic and it is an excellent car, but coming to the end of useful life.
Regards, Ranko

It should be competitively priced, perform, and style much like the Toyota ist (Scion xA). I liked the one I rode in on in Japan, though an automatic model, I would suspect Honda of NA would port over a manual transmission model.
On 21 Jan 2006 14:09:49 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

The Honda fit is like the Toyota's Scion xA... a subcompact four door (I believe the displacement is 1.3L) with great gas mileage and style and comfort... (They have been around Japan for a while now and have quite a crowd for them).
On 21 Jan 2006 14:09:49 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

One that will be sold in Canada is 1.5L/109 HP. Don't know will it be made in Japan or Canada or Brazil. Manual is what I want. Scion is not sold in Canada.
One that will be sold in Canada is 1.5L/109 HP. Don't know will it be made in Japan or Canada or Brazil. Manual is what I want. Scion is not sold in Canada.
As expected with the HP... to match that of the Scion xA/xB. I'm betting the price to be about $12,000 USD with all the fixings... I believe since the fit was all automatic in Japan (not confirmed) I believe the last rumored plant that will produce the fit for North America consumers will be Brazil, which should bring out a manual transmission model. Again, its just speculation where they will be assembled but otherwise confirmed that the fit will come to North America.
On 23 Jan 2006 17:53:24 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

If not made in Japan I might rethink. I remember lousy Jettas coming from Brazil.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't know if the Jetta was ever made in Brazil, but the 1980s Fox was. Jetta is currently made in Mexico I think.
I don't remember exactly, but it was VW car, and made in Latin America.
I read that 70% of all parts of Honda's in Brazil are locally procured.