Jap. made accord vs US

is there any difference between Japanese and US makes . I've got an offer for '93 accord LX and it's Jap. assembly.

During one of the recalls of '99 Accords, the service manager ran my VIN number thru his computer and it showed that my Accord was made in Japan and was therefore not part of the recall that effected all of the American made Accords.I am merely reporting what the service manager told me and he may or may not have been lying to me.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO