Misfire with my 91 Accord EX

Recently, my 91 accord EX, when it is warmed up, started sputtering when I press the gas pedal very slightly. I.E. when I am going through a parking lot under 20 KM per hour. If I accelerate more aggressively but
not excessively, everything is great. All other times it appears to be normal, just when starting off with a gentle foot. This has been happening for about 1 month.
New Parts: Plugs Wires Cap and rotor Checked air filter Fuel tank Injector cleaner
Any advise?
Steve Ottawa Ontario
Steve wrote:

replace the thermostat with a new oem one. cured similar symptoms in my '89 civic. make sure coolant level is correct too - look in the rad, not the expansion bottle. checking the timing won't hurt either.
Steve wrote:

If you crawl around a parking lot in first, does it try to 'buck' a bit? If so you probably have a shot Throttle Position Sensor. Do a Google.com search. look under 'groups' too. Knowing your mileage would help. . .
'Curly'
--

To REPLY: If there are a couple of underscores in my return address,
you must remove them to reply directly . . . . . . Thanks.
motsco_ _ wrote:

it's failing.
No it doesn't buck but misses...like one plug is misfiring. As soon as you load the engine by accelerating, it works great. If I hadn't put new plugs and check the gap I would have suspected this. The car has 263,000kms and works great. It an automatic. I've reset the computer to clear any faults and there are no faults showing during the diagnosis test..
motsco_ _ wrote:

Persistent single-cylinder misfire at low throttle (often does it at idle, too, but with fuel injection that isn't always true) makes me think of a vacuum leak first of all. In the Days Of Olde that usually meant the PCV hose or vacuum advance connection (since they typically came off a single branch of the intake manifold) but nowadays the fuel injector seat seal is suspect. A gentle squirt of carburetor cleaner around the base of each injector when the engine is idling will cause the idle speed to blip if you hit a leaky seal.
As always, use carb cleaner cautiously on a running engine - it is made to be flammable. The smallest squirt that will wet the seal is what you want.
Mike
Steve wrote:
For everyone who replied, I lost all the great info. If you have any ideas on this problem please reply again.
Sorry, my HD died and I lost all the PM you sent.
Thanks
Steve

Hey---sorry to jump in here, but this is what happens with my '92 Teg (RS I think). On low gears, it'll "buck" as you describe. Will this work on my non-VTEC engine (if this is the problem)? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemy70464271&category3557&sspagename=WDVW thnx

Is it a automatic? If so, hold your left foot on the brake, put it in drive, and with you right foot bring up the RPM. Does it miss then? Is it always at the same spot that it starts? If so, turn the engine off. Bypass the vacuum hose going to the EGR valve and try again (you'll get a check engine light this time, but don't worry about it). If it goes away, you have plugged EGR ports in your intake manifold.

I tried the first part and yes, it is around 1200-2000 RPM then smooths out. I suspect it is the throttle position sensor or blocked EGR port. I will try this on the week-end.
Steve
Jafir Elkurd wrote:

EGR port cleaning are a relatively easy DIY, if you get yourself a slidehammer.