My 05 EX-V6 gets trashed!

Damn, only 1800 miles on it. I'm getting a Hybrid now. Waiting for the '06 to ship. I won't keep this one. Even the strut towers are pushed in. The impact moved it 1.5 car lengths (while in park).

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

What a heartbreaker! Was the van that did it stolen?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Looks perfectly fixable to me.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Wow, That's awful. The insurance company totaled it, or are you like me; no one can fix it back to factory new? Could it be something is telling you to get the hybrid?

Reply to
TP

It was totalled? I am surprised -- does not look that bad.

Reply to
TWW

Reply to
hondaman

Found out the van's owner is saying another occupant in the house took it without permission. The other person has no license. Insurance is still to be determined.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Like you, it will never be the same. I was thinking Hybrid Accord, but all the figures are telling me it's not worth the money. I will get a V6 for sure. I'd even take another '05 but can't find a new one.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Don't know if it's officially totaled.

My insurance company says they can't find my policy in the computer for this car...but I have the damn card in my hand, and I've been paying. Local office has it, but the national claims office doesn't can said they can't do anything until they find it, so I sit and wait. They won't even authorize the body shop to do the estimate yet.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

In most (all?) states the registered owner is responsible for all damage caused by the vehicle, even if it is stolen.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Thanks, I hope that is the case, and he has insurance. They are multiple families all living in a townhouse. That makes me think they don't have much to offer.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Looks like a minor fender bender to me, my wife was hit by a red light runner and they took off. Had to remove the engine to repair the frame structure.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Who is your ins co.?

My brother in Fairfax had his Chrysler minivan stolen one night. Ins co settled right away, and they bought another car. About two weeks later he found his old van in a parking lot next to Hooters. Cops never looked for it. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Sorry 'bout your car, I live and work in VA and there's a bunch of yo-yos for sure. The irony of your license plate :(

Reply to
MAT

Hope I'm not tempting fate :-)

My new 06: