My 05 EX-V6 gets trashed!

Damn, only 1800 miles on it. I'm getting a Hybrid now. Waiting for the '06 to ship. I won't keep this one. Even the strut towers are pushed in. The
impact moved it 1.5 car lengths (while in park).
http://www.gwfweb.com/05accord
G-Man

Mike
Found out the van's owner is saying another occupant in the house took it without permission. The other person has no license. Insurance is still to be determined.
G-Man

caused by the vehicle, even if it is stolen.
Mike
Thanks, I hope that is the case, and he has insurance. They are multiple families all living in a townhouse. That makes me think they don't have much to offer.
G-Man

Looks perfectly fixable to me.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Wow, That's awful. The insurance company totaled it, or are you like me; no one can fix it back to factory new? Could it be something is telling you to get the hybrid?
Like you, it will never be the same. I was thinking Hybrid Accord, but all the figures are telling me it's not worth the money. I will get a V6 for sure. I'd even take another '05 but can't find a new one.
G-Man

It was totalled? I am surprised -- does not look that bad.
if the strut towers are damaged it would be better to total it out rather than try to have it fixed because it probably will never be the same. and since it is a new car i would want another one since you're probably planning on keeping it for awhile -jeff

Don't know if it's officially totaled.
My insurance company says they can't find my policy in the computer for this car...but I have the damn card in my hand, and I've been paying. Local office has it, but the national claims office doesn't can said they can't do anything until they find it, so I sit and wait. They won't even authorize the body shop to do the estimate yet.
G-Man

G-Man wrote:

    Who is your ins co.?
        My brother in Fairfax had his Chrysler minivan stolen one night. Ins co settled right away, and they bought another car. About two weeks later he found his old van in a parking lot next to Hooters. Cops never looked for it. bob
Looks like a minor fender bender to me, my wife was hit by a red light runner and they took off. Had to remove the engine to repair the frame structure.
Tom

Sorry 'bout your car, I live and work in VA and there's a bunch of yo-yos for sure. The irony of your license plate :(
Hope I'm not tempting fate :-)
My new 06:
http://gwfweb.com/06accord/06acc_01.jpg
http://gwfweb.com/06accord/06acc_02.jpg