New Honda owner

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:11:49 +0000, Brian Smith wrote:

Why do you think that? Seriously.
Do you think his smart-ass answer to me was entirely OK?

I got the same reply when I asked about 2007 Accord Navi beeping every 12 seconds."Did you read the manual that came with your toy"? Of course I did.That is the reason I am asking this newsgroup.Maybe I missed something and am looking for additional info. That poster never did reply back after I replied,so I guess he was busy eating crow.

removethis wrote:

When asking for free advice, always assume you will get what you paid for...

It was an honest question; a lot of people don't check the manual. Answering questions about how to turn on the headlights can be a big drag on an auto forum. After determining you had read the manual we can try to provide the additional info and even learn about it ourselves.
Personally, I avoid getting involved in questions from people who are short with others who try to help - I ditched the "kick me" sign long ago.
Mike
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:35:20 -0700, "Michael Pardee"

Yeah, I even have a daughter that sometimes will ask me a question and I give my best answer and then she argues with my answer. I finally told her I hate people that do this.... sorta to me like she or whoever is looking for an arguement to start. I get to the point where I don't want to bother to answer.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:35:20 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:

When i was working Tech Support, the group leader suggested the first question I asked was, "Is it plugged in?". I said, "C'mon!" She said, you'd be surprised.
Imagine my surprise when the first call I got where the unit was completely inoperable. No lights, no little start-up dance when the button was pushed, etc. My gut reaction was, "Did you check the fuse", but I gave it a millisecond and said, "Is the unit plugged it?"
"Uh...thanks for your time! <CLICK>"

No, these haven't been smart-ass replies.
"The auto lock feature is just about as useful as that expensive warranty you bought that you'll never need. What a waste of money!"
That's more like it.
Don't let these guys fool you, auto locks are found on European cars, too. I watched my mechanic break into a Porsche Cayanne the other day because of the auto locks timed out and locked the keys in the car.

One of the common complaints was that the door locks would become demonically possessed, rapidly cycling, locking or unlocking at random, and with a propensity to lock the doors when people got out to put gas in the car! Buwahaahaahaa!
Mike

Ah yes, I read somewhere about that problem with the VW Tuareg (which is identical to the Cayanne). Apparently, if your battery runs down, there is no way to open the doors from the outside. You cannot pop the hood to charge the battery either. You have to tow the car to the dealer to get the doors unlocked.
In some BMWs, you cannot open the doors from the inside if they had been locked with the remote. It is a feature to make it harder to steal, but a real problem if you accidentally lock a child in a hot car.
Honda is not quite there yet. The Fit Sport, for example, has only one keyhole (on the driver's door). If that lock jams and the remote fails, you're out of luck.
On 7/12/2007 8:00 AM Dan C spake these words of knowledge:

Not to mention an excellent trade!
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
A metaphor is like a simile.

Honda did not see fit to offer that feature on the '07 Accord. The '08 will have it.
Dan C wrote:

-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...