Pilot Replacement Tires?

I'm looking for people who have replaced the OE tires on their Pilots. I've got a few thousand miles to go, and would like to hear if anyone has recommendations. I'm looking for a quiet all-season tire.

A fair number of people who frequent http://www.hondapilot.org/ forums are using the Michelin Cross Terrains. You might check the forums to read what people have said about those and the other tires that people have tried.
I only have about 2800 miles on my Pilot so I don't have any help to offer you, other than the Goodyear Integrity's mine came with are crappy tires.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

My 05 Pilot has those tires. What's bad about them..?

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually

If they're the same Bridgstones that came on my 2001 Highlander, then I can't explain the difference of opinion. They were fair to poor on dry pavement, bad on wet pavement, and useless in snow. The Highlander could get going OK in snow, but steering and braking were an absolute nightmare! Very, very dangerous tires in the snow. I dumped them for Cross Terrains, and it was like I bought a new vehicle. None of the bad habits of the Bridgstones, and the car became a tank in the snow. No slipping and sliding, and traction was simply amazing.

Mine follow the cracks in the freeway pavement at times. My old Ford Explorer with Michelin LTX M/S didn't do that. Others have complained about poor traction, especially on wet pavement.
You can read more about the Integrity issues on http://www.hondapilot.org / There's a lot of good info in the forums there too, so check it out.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Mike Iglesias wrote:
<snip>

How so?
-- Tp,
-------- __o ----- -\<. -------- __o --- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<. -------------------- ( )/ ( ) -----------------------------------------
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

I bought my Pilot in March, was able to drive the tires in dry, wet, snowy, and icy conditions. It was adequate on dry, barely adequate on wet, and totally unacceptable on snow and ice. At 1.500 miles, I replaced the tires with Michelin Cross Terrains, and there was a difference of night and day. Last winter in MA was very snowy, and the Cross Terrains were wonderful under all conditions. No comparison whatsoever. The Goodyear Integritys were utterly horrible compared to the Michelins.

They have a tendency to follow cracks/joints in the road rather than going where I want to go, the handling isn't much to speak of, and handling on in the rain is poor. I had Michelin LTX M/S on my old Explorer, and they were great.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Mike Iglesias wrote:

How do you separate the characteristics of tires from that of the vehicle? In other words, how can you compare an EXplorer with Michelin's to a Pilot with GoodYears? They are two different, completely different vehicles... Help me to understand how you come to your conclusions about the GoodYear tires.
-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

The Explorer did pretty much the same thing with the OEM Firestone tires. When I put the Michelin tires on it, the wandering and poor handling went away. Yes, I'm assuming the Pilot would improve with something else. But if you read the comments from people on http://www.hondapilot.org/ about tires, their handling improved markedly when they replace the Integrity tires with something else.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Mike Iglesias wrote:

Comments from vehicle owners are just that, comments/opinions. My problem with that, is it's, subjective. I'd like to see some, verifiable, facts to go along with the opinions.
Maybe you can take your Pilot out to the Streets of Willow. Take some hot laps and record the lap times before and after you install other tires. Then you would know for sure just how crappy the GoodYear tires are.