Re: Brake Pads

Yup have to agree with the others HONDA quality pads are really the way to go here. not to say all aftermarket brake pads are bad. but if you want long
life" no squeeling and a nice pedal feell when aplying brakes get the Honda stuff & forget it. on my 95 civic Lx first set were replaced at nearly 96.000kms i kid you not". are you doing the brake job youreself?
--
johnin

I believe you, because I have 120,000 kms on my first set, although a lot of it is highway. Yes, I 'll be doing the job myself.
The reason I posed the question in the first place was that I had recently done my mom's brakes with cheap aftermarkets. The OEM Ford Focus pads are the best I've ever seen, they stuck like glue. Like an idiot, I went and replaced them and the difference is unbelievable.
I might redo her brakes with the OEM pads, but I was just wondering if there was anything better out there.
mrg wrote:

That there was the mistake ... *cheap* aftermarkets. There are some really good aftermarket pads and many really crappy ones.
That said, OE is not a bad idea.
John