Seatbelt ding-ding-ding - 2005 Accord

Page 1 of 2
Is there anyway to turn off the ding ding ding seatbelt warning on the 95 Accord EX? The light is fine, just the sound. Thanks

1) Buckle belt behind your back. 2) Go to wrecker's. Cut buckle off old belt. Insert that into receptacle as desired.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
said:

Then go kill yourself, taking care not to injure any innocents...

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
Why not find the source of the ding ding ding and disconnect it?

Harder than it sounds. It means removing the Integrated Control Module from its (very good) hiding place, and putting a wood screw in the speaker to stop the diaphragm from vibrating. This is what I've done with my Integra.
I was going to just unsolder the speaker and replace it with a resistor, but I don't know how to determine the rating of resistor that would be needed.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Why would you need to replace the speaker with a resistor?

I supposed that the module would expect some sort of current and resistance to be present in that location, otherwise problems may arise.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
If you just removed the speaker from the circuit I do not see this causing any problems, I doubt the engineers would design a "speaker missing detect circuit". This is a lot easier than using your method of killing the sound. A speaker is considered an inductive load and the resistance would essentially be zero. Grahame

agree with you. However, suppose the "speaker" is piezo? Probably your main argument still applies, but the resistance would be way high, rather than nearly zero.

Ignorance breeds caution, hence my decision to simply hand-tighten a short #8 wood screw against the metal diaphragm through the hole in the speaker's plastic top. I can undo this any time I want.

In this case, it is. It's the same sort of "speaker" you find on computer modems and motherboards. It's maybe a half-inch across, and three-eighths thick.

Thus requiring a resistor?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Well TeGGeR, I have been an electronics technician for over 25 years now and I know exactly the type of speaker you are talking about, remove the speaker and you have an open circuit, the computer would function normally trust me. Grahame

wrote

it's unlikely to cause anything to burn up. High power stuff that might fail to to over/underload usually has the sensing. Most other stuff is designed to handle anything from a dead short to open without fail.
wrote

Thaks.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
use it the way it was designed... :)
RodgerDodger=)i wrote:

Seat belts save lifes, so buckup!
Yes, thanks. I buckle everywhere. Everywhere, except, my 140 home neighborhood that I drive 2mph mailbox to mailbox to deliver association fliers (not in the mailbox of course for you postal inspectors) and the seatbelt straps me in so well, I cannot reach out far enough to make a safe delivery. So, for the 2 hour period once per month, I was hoping to to be ding free.

Yes, thanks. I buckle everywhere. Everywhere, except, my 140 home neighborhood that I drive 2mph mailbox to mailbox to deliver association fliers (not in the mailbox of course for you postal inspectors) and the seatbelt straps me in so well, I cannot reach out far enough to make a safe delivery. So, for the 2 hour period once per month, I was hoping to to be ding free.
Ha. RodgerDodger shut you yahoos down... lol

On 9/6/2005 5:28 PM RodgerDodger=)i spake these words of knowledge:

As someone said, buckle it behind you. No problem.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
... "I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many
people who believe it." -- George Carlin

The smartest way to disable the sound is to wear the seatbelt. That way you won't become disabled.
Brian