Parking Lot Ding

I got a car-door ding in the left-rear quarter panel on Wednesday evening. I didn't notice it when I left the restaurant, but I did by the time I got back to the hotel. If I had noticed it earlier, I would have waited until the operator of the other vehicle came back.

Anyway, it's not that terrible a ding. I can probably buff it out of the paint. Unfortunately, the hit also put a small crease in the metal.

Can the people who do paintless ding removal also remove small creases? I'd hate to put it in the shop for this (especially since it cost $300 to fix it that way).

- Max - ======= Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

They usually can as long as they can access the inside of the panel. They generally go a pretty invisible job too. One thing though, call the local body shops, see who they recommend as doing good work like this. The ding guys are all over, and as with anything, some are hacks, some do good work.

Some before and after pics would be a good idea :) Just so that the next guy it happens to will have an idea how it works!

Good luck Max.. sorry you got a whammy.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Hacks? Like this lettering service?

Sorry, saw that last night, and your comment made that come to mind. Note the small note on the bottom of the door... lol...

JS

Reply to
JS

LMAO! good one!

| > Some before and after pics would be a good idea :) | > Just so that the next guy it happens to will have an idea how it works! | >

| > Good luck Max.. sorry you got a whammy. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate