What problems have you experienced with your keyless entry remote?

What problems have you experienced with your keyless entry remote?

joe wrote:

--------------------------
I find it gets misplaced a lot. Could you possibly be more forthcoming with some details? You're not under oath. Is it even a Honda?
'Curly'
I am working on the design of new remotes and am gathering data. So you misplace your keys a lot? I guess a design change can't really solve that problem!
joe wrote:

--------------------
That's better. I was being sarcastic about losing them, since you gave no details about what kind of car you were (apparently) having trouble with.
Make them smaller. Thinner, so they fit on the keyring just like one of the other keys.
'Curly'
I noticed some the newer remotes are simply a thick key which fits on the ring. There is a constraint because the battery and electronics need to fit inside.
joe wrote:

Sure, you just need a second remote that will activate the beeper in the first.
: What problems have you experienced with your keyless entry remote? : None, ever. Like almost everything else on my '00 Accord, it just works, all the time.
Paul
"joe" wrote

Absolutely none with mine.
I've had problems with OTHERS' keyless remotes, though. They haven't discovered the "off" button to their damned horn-blowing every time they unlock or lock their doors.

I did activate the panic button by accident once merely by sitting on it in my back pocket. Other than that, I echo the other poster's request for as thin and small as possible. And a littlle longer range would be nice.
Now that I think a little further about it, a way to code my garage door opener into it would be cool - a button to make my girl friend stop talking - and one to turn on the lawn sprinkler - another to buy, stamp, and mail birthday cards on time to friends and relatives, which would require PDA storage, etc. -- all, of course, while maintaining the aforementioned thin and small as possible :-). Oh yeah - don't forget the back lighihting!
Bob
Joe, One of the things that I had a hard time getting use to was how the doors would lock automatically after about 3 minutes. I have now learned to make sure that I never leave the keys in the car or leave the window rolled down. This means that I won't get locked out the car. I later figured out that it's related to the keyless entry remote. I should have read it in the owner's manual. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
"Jason" wrote
> Joe,

I've heard those stories, but my 04 Accord doesn't do that. ?

And neither does my 03.
What does happenis this: If you unlock the doors with the remote, but don't open one of them within about 20 seconds, they relock. And if you have also opened the windows when you unlocked the doors, and they relock before you get there, don't try to pull up on one of the door lock buttons as it will activate the alarm. Use the remote to unlock them again.
Bob

Bob, I should have stated that I have a 99 Accord. I had the window rolled down and I locked the door with the remote. I checked my mail and returned to the car and noticed that I had left the window down. I pulled up the lock on the door and the alarm went off. It surprised and shocked me. I have a feeling that Honda must have received thousands of complaints about those doors locking automatically which is why that feature is not on newer Honda cars such as the O3 and O4 Honda cars. It was stupid idea and I hope they fired the engineer that came up with the stupid idea. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO

This unpleasant feature is on my 2005 Acccord.
I was talking with a friend as we walked to the parking lot. It was a hot day so I used the remote to open the windows (1st press => unlock driver's door, 2nd => all other doors, hold after this to open windows).
We talked for a bit and then I went to open the driver's door. Seeing it was locked I reached thru the window and pulled up the lock. Off went the alarm.
What were they possibly thinking?
And they haven't figured it out in 6 years?

Hello, I guess that Honda Engineers will solve this problem when a person that has heart problems does the same thing that we done and he or she has a heart attack when the alarm goes off. I know that my heart must have skipped some beats when the alarm went off. Please try this experiment: 1. Lock your car with the remote. 2. Unlock your car with the remote but don't open the door. 3. Wait 5 minutes. 4. Check to see if the door lock is up or down. On my 1999 Accord, the lock would be down. I asked this question to find out if Honda has or has not installed this feature in newer Accords. I hate this feature. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Jason wrote:

I've watched it happen on my 2005 Accord:
Unlock my car when it is locked but don't open any door. After about 15-20 seconds the door(s) lock and the alarm arms.
Opening the trunk (which is what I'm often doing during that 15-20 seconds) has no effect on this.

buttons

Hello, I'm surprised that Honda still installed this feature in new cars since so many people hate it. I believe that Honda developed this feature because some people were accidently unlocking their cars while they were putting the remote into their pockets. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO

many people hate it.<<
Exactly how many people hate it? Not trying to be a wise-ass...I really want to know.
If there was the remotest possibility that someone would have a heart attack from the alarm going off as you described, in today's litigious society Honda's lawyers would have ordered the feature's removal long ago. I suspect it's not as unpopular as you stated (although it does smack of Honda trying to protect people from themselves), but I'd still like to see some facts to back it up.

I have no problem with this feature at all. Sure, it shocked me the first time, but if I open the windows with the remote, and for whatever reason don't get to the car as soon as I expected, I'll be very grateful that the alarm system has been activated.
Bob