2002 Sonata LX Check engine light

Hello,
While driving home last night my check engine light came on. The code is P0449 (Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit
Malfunction). I've noticed for the last 2 weeks while filling the gas tank the gas nozzle keeps resetting. You have to constantly reset the nozzle until the tank is full. Obviously the fuel inlet vent is not working properly hence the code. The engine was running while I was getting gas and I have not tried to fuel it with the engine off yet. What do I need to check next?
I have 135,000 miles on the car so it's no longer under warrantee. I put the car on my lift and can easily get at the fuel system so physical repair shouldn't be to difficult.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dave
I had a similar problem with my 2001 XG a year ago. I can tell you on my car what caused the code to be set was a completely clogged very small filter located behind the left rear wheel well. This filter provides the air flow to this vent valve. When I first took it apart I simply cleaned the caked dirt & mud off & it lasted another few months, but when the code appeared again, I then changed the filter as well & all has been good since. Hope this helps a bit, BCinSnowyBC,Canada

Thanks B. I had just found this filter right before you posted. I blew it out, reassibled everthing and can now put fuel in the tank without issue so I went ahead and ordered a new filter.
Thanks again, Dave