2003 Santa Fe grab handle removal

I managed to break off the forward attachment of the passenger-side grab handle above the door on our 2003 SF. I have been shoving the broken strap-end back into its attachment point but then I forget and
grab for the handle when I get into the car causing severe cursing when it pulls off. I think the smart thing to do is take the handle off until I can get it into the shop. I don't want to do that by breaking the good (rear) end; is it possible to remove it without removing panels? If so, how?
I believe there's a little cover on either end of the handle with a screw behind each one.