alarm in 2005 Sonata

The alarm in my 2005 Sonata does not make a sound any more when activated. The lights flash and the engine cannot be started but the alarm is silent.
Any suggestions where to start looking for the problem ??
Thanks, Ogato72
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:39:26 -0700 (PDT), ogato72

I'd put power to the alarm and see if it makes a sound. If no, replace it. If yes, it is something else in the system that is not sending power to it.
ogato72 wrote:

Bad alarm horn? Mine never was very loud so I got horns from a Pontiac and put on it.
Chances are the alarm siren has died. I've replaced several.
To check, unplug the siren and connect a test light or voltmeter to the ter minals. Unplug the hood switch, roll down the windows, and arm the alarm. Then reach in the car and open a door, causing the alarm to activate. If this lights the test light or produces about a 12V difference at the plug, then the siren is the failed component.