Attn: Hyundaitech - 2000 Sonata v6 timing belt

Hyundaitech;
I am going to be replacing my sonata's timing belt, and am wondering what else I should be seriously considering
replacing at the same time, whilst things are apart...
I seem to recall reading somewhere about a belt tensioner for the timing belt that should probably be replaced, as it gets tired?
Anything else that is prone to fialure that I should consider replacing at the time the belt is done?
me
Depending on mileage, you might also consider the water pump, but I see that more as a matter of personal preference.
While it's apart, check the timing belt pulleys to be sure they turn smoothly. And don't forget the obvious checking of the drive belt and drive belt tensioner.

The same amount of labor is required later if you do have to change the water pump. Something to think about.
The vehicle has just over (barely) 60,000 miles on it... I intend to replace the external drive belt as well, because of it's age if nothing else. The same goes for the rad. & heater hoses... I figure that this is going to be a lot of labor anyway, so I might as well put new "service" parts on after having to remove the old parts to get to the *bleeping* timing belt. Are the water pumps very expensive? what about the timing belt pulleys? (In other words, are they inexpensive enough to just warrant replacement to save the possible nightmare of having one fail?)
me
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:25:37 -0500, "hyundaitech"

You'll need to check with your local dealer regarding prices to make a reasonable decision about whether it's worth replacement. I don't recall ever seeing a timing belt pulley fail on this engine.