Buying Elantra or Sonata

Hi Guys,
I am looking into buying one of the two mentioned models. I am disturbed that Elantra does not have the option of ABS at all. Is that a problem? I know usually smaller cars don't have the ABS, but I found it
useful on my Civic.
I also have heard mentioning that changing the oil cannot be done at home. For me that would be a deal breaker, since I prefer it done by myself.
Any advices you could give me?
Thanks,
James

that
Right from the Hyundai web site - ABS optional. Go to the build your own area on the site and you'll see all the options.

This is not true. Simply document your oil changes. Hyundai is very good about not hasseling you with warranty exclusions for doing your own work. There are areas where you'll want to use Hyundai parts in order to keep the warranty intact for that particular area of the vehicle,. but you're under no warranty obligation to have the work performed by someone else.

Yup - take a walk on the web site and you'll find quite a bit of information.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks, the site is extremely well done, plenty of useful info. Hyundai even offers financing!
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 07:38:54 -0500, "James Atkinson"

In the US ABS is bundled with the sun roof for Elantra's. $1100 option package. Would be interested in the brakes but did not want the sun roof.
nothermark wrote:

Actually, the sunroof is probably more useful than ABS. Fortunately, when I bought my Elantra, the sunroof was available without ABS/TCS, which I didn't want.