for hyundai tech

2001 santafe tailgate trim panel removal. I removed the 4 Phillips screws and started removing the panel,got about half way and the darn thing stopped moving and cracked.Wife is gonna kill
me. Seriously,this looks fairly simple ,but obviously did something wrong.Afraid to inflict further damage. Please enlighten if you can . thank you again.
This was being done to access actuator on tailgate power lock.

I don't recall ever needing to pull one of the tailgate trim panels (although I may have done it once). The instructions and diagrams in the service manual are sufficiently vague that I'm not sure where all the screws are. I expect you'll need to remove the pull handle. You may also find some screws behind the side trims at the top of the trim panel. Other than that, what you see should be what you get, I'd think.
Thanks Tech. I will persevere.