Forester to Tucson

Howdy,
I have been a big fan of Subaru's since 1998, but I believe Subaru is slipping in quality, while price is going in the opposite direction. I am
looking at a Tucson Limited 4WD. Seems to a lot of SUV for a very reasonable price especially when compared to Subaru.
I have no experience with Hyundai, but wonder if any of the newsgroup regulars owns a Tucson or has recommendations.
TIA!
Dave W

I have a 2005 Tucson V6 with close to 40,000 miles on it. It has been trouble free, a joy to ride, Gas mileage about 21mpg city, 26 on the highway.
I have a 2005 Sportage and a 2007 Sante Fe. Both have been trouble free.

I have an '06 Limited - AWD V6. Overall am very pleased. Only complaint is mileage. Contrary to the OP's success, best I get is high teens for blended (75% Highway/25% City) driving.

I suppose it would be more informative to say that I do not have the AWD, and the reason I got the FWD instead was because of the mileage hit that came with the all wheel version.
Sounds like mileage is the only weak point. Subaru mileage is nothing to brag about either, so Tucson is the winner. You get more in the Tucson than Ford Escape, Kia Sportage, Ford Fusion, Mitsubishi Outlander, etc. Thanks to all for taking the time to answer! Very much appreciate your help.
Dave W
There's a Tucson web site if you care to look at it. Lots of helpful reads.. www.tucsondrivers.com