HELP! $3k and it still persists... HT?

Page 2 of 2
The converter idea is interesting. If we suppose a chunk broke loose and intermittently blocks the exhaust, that could cause a misfire condition on one
bank.
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:38:56 AM UTC-4, KWW wrote:

That exact thing happened on my kids 2000 Lantra. Chunk of honeycomb like material came out of Converter and lodged in middle section muffler. Caused intermittent reduction in power as it wobbled around. I found it out as there was almost no exhaust gases when problem occurred. . I,ve heard of some mechanics getting a length of pipe and ramming it up the Converter to "clear" a path. What else would you do on a 13 year old car where a replacement converter is worth more than the car?
"hyundaitech" wrote in message
The converter idea is interesting. If we suppose a chunk broke loose and intermittently blocks the exhaust, that could cause a misfire condition on one bank.
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:38:56 AM UTC-4, KWW wrote:

Thinking about this, you're probably right. However, when we shut it off, wait a moment, it'll start and run, no problem. HHHmmm...
No trees were killed in the sending of this message; however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. "hyundaitech" wrote in message
The converter idea is interesting. If we suppose a chunk broke loose and intermittently blocks the exhaust, that could cause a misfire condition on one bank.
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:38:56 AM UTC-4, KWW wrote:

This didnt cost me $3k before I found it but Cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel filter , ignition coil and many barked knuckles over 4-5 months. Really only found it by accident. Happened to car when kids were parked in my driveway and muffler noise just seemed quite and almost nothing coming out exhaust when I put hand over outlet..
"F150-Mustang Steve-AZ" wrote in message
The converter idea is interesting. If we suppose a chunk broke loose and intermittently blocks the exhaust, that could cause a misfire condition on one bank.
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:38:56 AM UTC-4, KWW wrote:

I'll try it. But, the dealer has agreed to buy it back....one less car to insure and make payments on....YEAH!
Steve