Help

Hopefullly someone can asist me with some basic questions

I have a 2000 Elantra which seemed to be running rough/loud when idling. I took it into the dearship thinking it was a matter of a tune up. I was told the Power Steering pump needed to be replaced for a cost of $600.

I found a pump from my local wrekers ($40).

Is there any way of disabling the PS pump to confirm this? before I start work?

Is there anything I should know before I replace by myself that will help me? It seems fairly easy to me so perhaps I am missing something.

snipped-for-privacy@tylerstoneconsulting.com

Reply to
Ken

Ken,

Depends on the belt. If the PS pump is on its own belt (doubtful), you could just remove the belt and test for noise.

If it's the PS pump, you should be able to isolate the noise yourself while the car is idling. Good luck.

Reply to
Bob Adkins