Is anyone else eating up Ignition Wires by using Bosch plus-4 Sparkplugs ?

Awhile back, i switched to a set of Bosch plus-4 Spark Plugs cause i heard a few times they give better fuel economy and performance. But ever since i did, about every 20,000 miles I get at least one
ignition wire blowing out thru the sidewall of the boot on the spark plug end. This time it has occured on the #6 boot/plug .
Do these Bosch plus-4's have a higher resistance ? Maybe im better off going back to what the car came with ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My thoughts: 1) The boots are not all the way down on the spark plugs... possibly lacking 1/2" to 1". 2) The spark plug wires and boots are made of very cheap material. (Use silicone wires and silicone boots.)
Resistance should not matter, however, normal wires tend to run about 5k per foot when new.
IMO, the four electrodes are a costly but worthless gimmick. "Factory set gap" - Every car is different. They could not possibly stock all those different gaps. The spark will jump to the closest electrode = one is actually functional.
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:06:13 -0600, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

A bit off topic but some years back a Bosch spark plug failed on my daughter's Toyota. The ceramic insulator blew away from the metal threaded insertion nut, leaving the nut embedded in the cylinder block, had to get an 'easy-out' to remove it. I sent it back to Bosch and they sent a set of replacement spark plugs.

I changed out the Bosch plugs and went with the standard plugs. Also put on a set of Bosch wires with lifetime warranty . The old plug boot on number 6 blew a hole in the side of the boot , and, another boot was about to do the same --- all this after just 20 k. miles . I too think the Bosch plus 4's are gimmicky now.

The bigger question is the spark plug wires. With 114k, the originals would likely be deteriorated. If you've installed aftermarket replacements, that may also be an issue. I know there are some who disagree with me here, but I've had great difficulty finding plug wires which compare in quality to the originals.

Glad to see you are still helping out here on the NG. The wires were the second set i had on there. I switched to Bosch wires as they are supposed to stand up well and i went back to factory plugs.