Lube

I just changed our 99 Accents oil and filter, I found Motomaster Formula 2000 synthetic on for 4.4 l, 19.99$.. Cool price, I purchased a differen't than my usuall Motomaster oil filter..
The store had Valvoline Max Life oil filters on for only 60cents more regular 9.99. Has anyone else used these filters yet? I know their made by purilator ( says on the box).. Theyre supposed to remove up to 50% more sluge n dirt from your oil. More than likley a martketing gimmick, picks up 50% more, more than of a dirty filter I bet... =) But I thought what the heck, pretty box and filter =-p