96 Kingcab PU - Oil filter removal???? just pay jiffy lube to do it???

I prefer to change it myself but is ther a trick to get the oil filter off? I can barely see it. Can you get at it with a lift? Maybe if I took the front passenger tire off? If I do bring it in every time to be done you can be sure I'll check to make sure they actually changed it. How would they do it?

This time I just did the oil and left the old filter.

Thanks for any insight!!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I have a 97 Kingcab PU. Remove the front passenger side tire. You can also turn your wheels all the way to the right if you don't want to remove the tire. I've done it both ways. I usually remove both front tires and inspect the brakes while I'm at it.

Reply to
Truckdude

Thanks, Do you have to remove the rubber flap that is in the wheel well? (may be obvious when I get home and look)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes. I got tired of the little plastic retainers that hold the flap down, so I bought some self-tapping bolts to keep the flap secured. Much easier to take on and off.

Reply to
Truckdude

I'll do that

thanks