More questions on airbag/horn ring

OK, I got everything apart but can't figure out how to get to the horn switch. It seems to be integrated with the air bag. It does come apart doesn't it? It looks like rivets holding it together on all four sides and
I can see the back sides (pointy end) of four screws holding it on to the horn (cushion?) I didn't take the wheel off to get into the clock spring because after I disconnected the single horn wire, I checked to see if the horn was still going off. It wasn't so I figured that the short was not in the clock spring. Was that a valid assumption? I guess they still use clock springs? ( Sonata horn blaring automatically) thanks again

If I recall correctly, the horn contacts (switch) are the two metal bars to which the air bag mounts. If you depress one of them (with the horn wire connected), the horn should sound. It should not sound when you are not depressing either.
The single wire you pulled off-- it didn't come off the air bag did it? If not put it back and see if the horn sounds. If not, your problem isn't happening right now. Check the wire to make sure it wasn't pinched by the air bag. If the horn sounds again when you reattach the wire, the problem is in the horn contacts.