Power steering fluid. Is it the same as auto transmission fluid?

My local Hyundai garage has just told me that the Power steering fluid for my 2000 Sonata is 'ATF SP' and that this is the same as the auto transmission fluid.

Is this advice correct?

Reply to
Tom

What does the manual specify? I know some cars have used ATF in the power steering but without looking things up I cannot verify this on you car. Check the manual.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Actually, the specified power steering fluid is Dexron ATF.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech