question about a hyundaitech response

Hyundaitech said:
"5. I don't have a Hyundai, but part quality has greatly increased since the days of poor reliability issues. On the other hand, there's been a
decrease in assembly quality."
I am a Subaru owner (multiple times) but see that Subaru quality is sliding downward. I am thinking of buying a Tucson Limited. Can you give me an example of what you mean by decrease in assembly quality (i.e. minor fit and finish, or bad welds, missing screws, cross threaded lugs, etc).
Thanks very much!
Dave W
I've seen nothing as bad as missing fasteners, but I have seen an increase in misalignment or interference issues and crossthreaded fasteners (although never a lug nut). I've also seen an increase in body rattles due to a variety of reasons. It seems that the issue may be rushed assembly due to increased sales volume.

Is that the Korea build models or does it apply to the US built also? They were bragging about the robotic assembly accuracy in the Arkansas facility. I was impressed with the fit on my '07 Sonata, but that is only one vehicle, you get to see many more than I do.
FWIW, the last five GM cars were good on four of them, a '91 had to have the trunk lid re-aligned.
I haven't come to any conclusions regarding assembly plants and assembly quality. That's pretty much moot now, anyway. I believe all U.S. Sonatas are now made in Alabama.
The only issues I've determined vary by assembly plant are parts issues (which are fairly rare). Sometimes, the different plants use different vendors for parts.
Yup, production goes up and quality goes down. Thank you for your insight! Dave W